Monday, April 18, 2005

And you, Scarecrow, I will miss most of all....

If you don't care about me or Hollywood Video, then skip on to the next post. Today marked the end of a three year journey and sparked a lot of wonderful memories of the good times I had and the great people that marked my life.

I can't mention all of them here, but there are a few things I wanted to tell everyone that I can't say in person because I hate crying.

Ashlee, you are an amazing girl. I cannot wait to talk to you in a few years once you are on your own and proving that you can do it! I think that you are going to go very far and your pleasant smile with your great personality is going to help you do that. Thank you for being so sweet.

Alicia, you are truly the silver lining to me. When I first started at this store, I thought you were just a plain old GSR who was only around for the paycheck. Now I see a blossoming leader who isn't afraid to take the feedback and apply it to her development. You are amazing.

Mark, thanks for making me laugh. It is refreshing to meet someone your age who is so comfortable with who he is. I know that it is frustrating when you are trying to figure out where to go with life, but you will make it. And when you make it, I expect to be remembered. P.S. Girls will ALWAYS bring you drama :)

Sheree, wow, I can't even type your name without getting tears. You are a WONDERFUL person and when you enter a room it is like a breath of fresh air. Don't worry about the drama around you, you are going to pull ahead and laugh at all of us someday.

Dawna, you and Ari are both great people. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to meet both of you - it is rare to see such a great marriage, especially today. I really appreciate all of the hard work you do. You have a great brain in that head of yours - don't let anyone ever tell you differently (I don't expect you would!)

I really could write two pages on everyone. Andy, you drive me crazy but only because I think there is so much that you are capable of and you are keeping it bottled in. Lyndsey, you are so strong and intelligent and I think you are incredible inside too. Nate and Breck - you guys make me laugh - constantly. Thanks for always putting a smile on my face whenever we worked together. And Alissa - wow- you are an amazing young lady. With all you have been through I find it awe-inspiring that you maintain such a great attitude - you are a very special person. And Steve - keep it going guy. I hope to see you in some listing of the world's Greatest Martial Artists.

I have learned so much about leading a team. I truly know what it is like to work in a partnership. Because of Hollywood, I have a true assessment of how I work when things are ideal, and when things are an utter disaster. Most of all, I have learned that my partners have so much to offer, even though you might not see that during the interview. You guys are absolutely wonderful.

Thank you for picking up my slack when necessary and sticking through the tough changes. Thank you for not venting in front of my face and at least pretending like you thought I was "cool" (even though I am secure with my "geekiness"). And thank you so much for creating such a great atmosphere for not only a guest, but for our team as well. The only reason we are all with Hollywood is because it is fun, and you guys kept it that way for me.

I hope that we can stay in contact - I love you all and would like to keep track of you as you move forward, be it with Hollywood or with other areas of your life. I appreciate all you have done for me and I wish you all the best in life. Take care, and Vote for Pedro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home