Wednesday, June 01, 2005

American Red Cross

My blogging has suffered this past week as I have not only been totally immersed in my new job, but I have also began my First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course through the American Red Cross.

I initially signed up for this course (paid for by my company) so that I may certify employees in my own facility on my own time schedule, thus ensuring that I always had a certified employee working and would be conforming with my company's high safety standards. However, since beginning the course, I have become more excited about being able to train others in these simple yet important life-saving techniques.

Today I was also reminded about what a great organization the American Red Cross really is. I just thought that by making this little post someone out there might be so inclined as to take a course, give some blood, or donate their time to help the community. It is wonderful that there are still people out there who believe that through working together and helping eachother we can make the world a better place.

I will probably volunteer to teach a course for my local chapter as soon as my training is complete so that I can practice my newly aquired skills. I will let you all know how that goes!

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Heather--good on ya! I used to be a CPR/EMT instructor, and it was lots of fun. Hope you enjoy it!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jen said...

How's it going? Do you feel all "1,2,3 breathe" or whatever yet?

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Heather, we miss you! Come back! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home