Friday, May 20, 2005

The Conclusion of a Saga

I got off work tonight and had a craving for some family time. I think I might have needed to take more medication, because my thought was to go down to the theater and find out if we could see Star Wars, Episode III tonight.

We arrived around 5:15pand there were about 6 people in line ahead of us. I left the rest of my family in line and went inside to purchase tickets. Lo and Behold - we were able to get in to the next showing which was at 6:50p. The nice young man who sold me my tickets advised me to start waiting in line ASAP as the show would sell out and to get seats all together we would want to be early.

So we waited. And waited. And waited some more. And then we were let in.

Yes, we got the best seats in the house. It was amazing! The screen was huge (the largest in Wyoming) and the sound system was the best in the region.

The movie was amazing. It was very dark and VERY scary, but for those of us who have watched Star Wars grow up the past two decades, it was a real treat to watch it all come together. Yes, it is still Star Wars, so the dialogue isn't the best and the acting can leave something to be desired at times, but it was FUN. We had a great time.

I suppose other writers would give you a more detailed review, but not this one. I figure that people fall into one of two categories. A) You have seen the first five and of COURSE you are going to see the sixth one or B) You never "got" the whole Star Wars craze and could care less. Therefore, a review is pretty pointless.

But this movie was the end, and with the exceptions of a few excursions to Burger King to keep up on the collecting, as well as raiding the "Star Wars Aisle" at our local wal-mart, I fear we will be forced to find some other thing to entertain us for the next 20 years. But watch the movie, have fun, and may the force be with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home