Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Reasons for Love

On November 13, 1998, I vividly remember sitting in the living room of my dreaded townhouse with my dear son Clayton and explaining to this 2 1/2 year old wonder how his "Daddy" had left and now we were on our own.

Now I had called Ron that very same day and explained to him my plight. Obviously, we soon found ourselves in a romantic relationship and shortly after Thanksgiving we moved in together. Yeah, we were patient :)

Ron is an amazing man. It is not easy to care for a woman who has been divorced and lost a child within two months. It is even more difficult when it is me. Ron took care of me when my mental state was completely out of whack - when I had incredible panic attacks, wild mood swings, and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't even recollect now. Even when I am a total (you know the word) and forgetting to control my mouth, he forgives me.

It is not easy being married to me! Somehow, Ron seems to enjoy it....(I think *he* might need a checkup!) He treats me like a queen - he cooks for me, does most of the cleaning, irons my clothes, and just about anything else I need help with. When I am sick or having a fibromyalgia flare up, Ron looks almost as upset as I do. He is genuinely frustrated when he can't make me better. I think a lot of times he cares more about my welfare than his own.

He truly supports me in whatever I do. The reason I can take a job that requires us to move *somewhere* in *a few months or so* is because Ron allows me to work toward my goals.

He doesn't threaten me, either. Even in our largest fights (which are few and far between) where I am trying to get him to be *mad* at me, he has never raised a hand or threatened me with divorce, taking the children, or any of the other horrible things I have heard of.

He doesnt' try to change me. He knows that I am a strong, independent woman, and that is ok with him.

He is a magnificent father. Clayton and Ronnie think their Dad hung the moon and the stars. He loves those boys so very much. We often give up a lot of "mommy and daddy" time because the boys will want to watch a movie with Dad at bedtime.

He is a great homeschooling parent. He teaches the boys about so much that I know very little about. I love hearing Clayton rattle off the latest military information Dad gave him.

Most of all, Ron has a huge heart. He cares so much about his family - I know he would do anything for us. He has a great sense of humor and I know he gets a kick out of making other people laugh. His huge smile, his loving eyes, and his heart of gold are the reasons I *have* made it through some pretty horrible times.

I love him, and I am proud to call him my husband.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Awww! I hope Ron reads this!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Julie said...

That's so sweet! Is Ron the one who stays home with the kids and homeschools? NOMB, I know, but I'm just curious if you have a Mr. Mom at home, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home