Monday, July 09, 2007

Frogs, Library, and Reading!

I started the day with a long walk and some visiting teaching, then we were on our way to Hudson Gardens for our science club with Mile High Homeschoolers. The kids enjoyed learning about the life cycle of a frog and then seeing several real live frogs with their own eyes! We even saw one that was gianormous to say the least!

We then took a trip to the library where Clayton was able to get his very first library card. He was so excited! The kids picked out several books, Ronnie choosing books with CD's as he is still learning to read.

Speaking of which - Ronnie read his first two books today. We started with Bob Books and Ronnie read Mat and Sam all by himself. He is so proud (and mom is too!) I love watching my children learn.

We also fed the missionaries tonight - they bring such a warm spirit into our home. I enjoy having them over. We are going to spend the rest of our night enjoying a family home evening watching a movie together and then reading some scripture.

On a more somber note, my neighbor passed away today. It was very unexpected ~ she had a massive stroke last night and was unable to recover. If you would please keep her children and grandchildren in your prayers ~ I know they will be in mine. It has caused me to pause and be grateful for my life and all that is in it, as this woman seemed perfectly fine this time last night.

Love to you all - and hey, two posts in one day! Maybe I am back *grin*

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home